Scania K230UB paper model

Post anything that do not fall into any existing bus category - appropriate categories will be created if needed.
Tan_CJ
Site Admin
Site Admin
Favourite bus: SBS7777Y

Scania K230UB paper model

Post by Tan_CJ »

After my ORD, I decided to try and replicate the Scania K230UH EEV on a 1:100 scale, complete with interior. The whole bus was made using paper and paper clips, with some transparent film for the transparent parts. It took about 1 month to complete. Here are the photos:

Taken while the model was still work-in-progress (WIP). Parts were small, hence tweezers were needed to assemble the bus. Tried my best to replicate floor markings and colours.

Also a WIP photo. A layer of tranparent film was added to replicate the glass on the dashboard. The red fire extinguisher is enclosed behind a transparent layer, like the real bus.

Engine was also replicated as much as possible. (Also used as my profile photo :D)

Completed model, close-up of side view.

Front of the bus, complete with sun shade, mirrors, and card reader. The CMFS system wasn't widely used when the model was assembled, hence not present.

Grab-poles and handles, with air-con outlets and air filter system (both not shown in photo).

Brake level, with open/close door buttons. Windows are also detailed as much as possible.

Bus stopping bells situated at correct places. I also tried to replicate the blue-coloured bell.

Photo taken from the front.

A rough idea of how big is a 1:100 bus model. It is 12cm in length, as the real bus is 12m in length. Wheels were also detailed.

Thanks for viewing this post!
Check out my handmade items at:
https://carousell.com/tan_cj

Tan_CJ